Monday, July 18, 2011

camp update from week #6

Well we are looking towards the end of summer now! we are entering week 7 of camp today, and I can’t believe that this summer is almost over!!! A year ago today, was when I did CIT and started working here after my CIT session. It’s crazy to see how God has lead my path right back to the Wilds to work here the whole summer this year!


This past week was an amazing week for me! I had the best aisle to serve that I have ever had, and I had an amazing prayer cabin! I was able to counsel one of the girls in my prayer cabin about standing up for Christ. It was awesome to see how she wanted to live for Christ, in what seemed like a rough school situation. Please pray for her especially once school starts. She goes to a public school and it does not seem like a good place at all. On Friday night, I was also able to talk to the same girl, and another girl from my prayer cabin. Both of them wanted to be better witnesses for Christ everywhere they went!!! It’s just so awesome to see God work in the lives of these campers!


This past week we had Dr. Jim Shettler preaching in teen camp. I had never heard him, or heard of him before, and he was an amazing preacher! Monday night was not one of your typical “Monday night at camp” messages. He preached on rebellion, and during part of his message he talked abut God’s will for our lives. He compared it to giving someone a present on Christmas, and being so excited about giving it to them. God is so excited about His plans for our lives, He just can’t wait to show them to us! This really gave me peace about my future. God has it all under control! I just need to submit to Him, and let Him work in my life!


This past week, we had our SPP banquet at Bob Jones University in Greenville, SC. It was a wonderful evening and I wish you could’ve come to it!


God is working in awesome ways here at camp! I can’t wait to see what He’s gonna do the rest of the summer! Please pray for all of us as a staff, that we will have strength to finish out the rest of the summer. It is definitely at a point in the summer where we are all exhausted, but we still have 4 weeks of teen camp left!


Thank you so much for praying!


No comments:

Post a Comment