Tuesday, August 9, 2011

camp update from week #9

hello! sorry i haven't been on here in a while. things have been pretty crazy here recently! here is my update from this past week!

It’s here, week #10 of teen and junior camp! I really can’t believe that we are already here! This past week was an awesome week of camp! Rich Tozour was the speaker for teen camp and Jeremy Frazor was the speaker for junior boot camp. I’ve heard Rich Tozour preach before and I really enjoyed his preaching this week. I had a great group of girls in my prayer cabin this week! They were so much fun to be around and I was able to get to know them pretty well.


This whole summer I’ve been learning about how much I need to rely on God, and not myself. On Friday, we had a massive thunderstorm come into camp. It was rather crazy! Our first shift dinner got delayed almost 30 minutes. Because of this, everything was going to be really late. So, we had to re-set most of the dinning hall in 15 minutes. This process usually takes us about 30 minutes, but in order to keep the schedule on time, we had to rush. I got to the point where I needed to realize that I could not do it on my own human strength, I needed to rely on God. So at that point, I asked God to give me the strength because I couldn’t do it on my own. It was unbelievable the amount of strength He gave me! We were able to finish up in time for the next shift of campers to come in. God showed Himself mighty by giving all of us the strength.


Sunday night we had our Staff Appreciation Banquet where we were able to have great food, and honor some of the staff members. It was a wonderful night!


Please pray for this upcoming week, that us as a staff will have strength and that the campers hearts (along with ours) will be tender towards the preaching of God’s Word.


Well, i am sad to say that this is our last week of teen camp. This summer has absolutely flown by! I feel like I just arrived here for the beginning of the summer! I have made great memories along the way, and God has taught me many things this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment