Monday, July 11, 2011

camp update week #5

well here is my first update from camp! (at least for the blog) this is an update from last week here at camp!

Well, 1/2 the summer is already done! But we still have 1/2 the summer in front of us. This summer has absolutely flown by and I know I say this but I really can’t believe that today starts week 6!!! So crazy!!! This past week was a great week, and a stretching week for me. The stretching part started for me last Saturday when I had to take my computer down to the apple store to have them fix it. When I got down there, they told me that they would have to send it out for repair and would send it back to me in 3-5 days. Well, I send all my SPP letters from my computer. I still hadn’t sent or even typed my SPP letter yet! But thankfully my sister had her ipad here so I could type out my letter and send it to you all. On Monday, right before check-in started, we had a huge thunderstorm start going through camp, and the power went out. The power was out for over an hour. We had thunder/rain storms almost everyday including our hike day where we did the whole hike out to the waterfalls. But God was good through all of this!


John Goetsch from West Coast Baptist Bible College was the speaker for teen camp this past week, and Ed Dunlop was the speaker for Junior Boot Camp this past week. I was able to go to most of the services in teen camp and listen to John Goetsch preach. Friday night was a huge blessing to me. It reminded me that the best place I can be is in the center of God’s will. Just then, I realized that I was extremely happy working down here at camp. At first this summer, I was scared, and nervous, and I just wanted to go home and spend my summer with my friends and family up north. But I realized that it would’ve been totally out of God’s will, and His will for me this summer is to be down here and I’m so thankful for that!


Please pray for me and the rest of the staff as this week as it is week 6 and we have a very full camp this week. Please pray that we will all stay healthy and keep our focus on why we are here!




No comments:

Post a Comment